Caramel Apple Fondue
Dip Rice Krispies Treats® and apple chunks into this creamy caramel fondue.
- 14 Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars
- 5 large apples, cored
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (14 oz. each) caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Cut KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES TREATS® Original bars into quarters. Set aside. Cut apples into bite-size pieces. In medium bowl toss apple pieces with lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In medium, heavy saucepan combine caramels, half-and-half and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth (do not boil). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
3. Transfer caramel mixture to fondue pot. Keep warm over very low heat. Serve with bars and apples.